The Mechanical Engineering Department was the first department to be started, and has
grown in statures over the years. It commands the largest strength of students who always
excel in academic performance. Project works executed by students bring laurels to the
institution by winning national level certificates and awards.
Presently a P.G course in Manufacturing Science and Engineering leading to M.E degree
of Bangalore University is also being conducted. The department has well equipped
laboratories and other facilities.
- Society of Mechanical Engineers which organises:
- Industrial visits
- Technical lectures/Film shows
- Technical talent search
- Project exhibition
- Students conducting projects at:
- A.R.& D.B
- I.I.F etc.,
- Faculty training programmes.
- Workshops and short term Q.I.P. course etc.,
- Major share of Ranks and Distinctions of Bangalore University examinations
- A Seminar Hall with 200 seating capacity & equipped with PAS, OHP, Slide projector
- A well maintained Project Report Library consisting of a number of valuable project reports
Core subjects studied
- Workshop with independent fitting, welding, carpentry, smithy and foundry
- Machine shop with high quality lathes from Kirloskar and HMT (CNC trainer T-70)
- Milling, drillings/shaping planing and grinding machines
- Dedicated laboratories for:
- A.R & D.B
- Material testing for Metallography
- Kinematics N.D.T. & Dynamics of Machines
- Machine tool and Metrology
- I.C and Steam engines
- Heat Transfer
- Measurement and Control
- CAD/CAM and Robotics facilities:
- Software available at the computer center:
- F.E.A package N.I.S.A
- Autocad R13
- Pro Engineer
- Virtual Engineer/Designer
- NC-PACK, SAPSTURN, CAPS MILL
- CNC Trainer Lathe (HMT)
- CNC Compu Lathe
- CNC Milling Machine
- Retrofitted CNC Drilling MAchines
- Robot Arm
- Drum, Bed type colour plotters, laser and dot matrix printer
- Mathematics - III
- Material Science
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Kinematics of Machines
- Machine Drawing - I
- Workshop Practice - II
- Material Testing Laboratory
- Mathematics - IV
- Engineering Materials
- Dynamics of Machines
- Fluid Machinery
- Machine Drawing - II
- K.O.M & D.O.M Laboratory
- Numerical Methods
- Mechanical Measurements
- Applied Thermodynamics - I
- Mechanical Engineering Design - I
- Manufacturing Process - I
- Energy Laboratory - I
- Machine Shop - II
- Control Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Design - II
- Applied Thermodynamics - II
- Metrology & Quality Control
- Manufacturing Process - II
- Manufacturing Process Laboratory
- Measurements & Control Laboratory
- Energy Laboratory
- Heat & Mass Transfer
- Manufacturing Process - III
- Mechanical Engineering Design - II
- Theory of Elasticity
- Automobile Engineering
- Operations Research
- M/c Tool & Metrology Laboratory
- Design Laboratory
- Energy Laboratory - II
- Non-Conventional Energy Sources
- Industrial Management
- CAD/CAM & Robotics
- Finite Element Method
- Foundry Technology
- Production Operations Management
- CAD/CAM & Robotics Laboratory
- Project Work
- Project Tour
1. C. Shanmukha Professor & HOD M.Sc. (Engg), MIAE, MISTE
2. Dr. H.V. Lakshminarayana Professor M.E., Ph.D.
3. Dr. M.K. Muralidhara Professor M.E., Ph.D., MISTE
4. H.D. Ramachandra Reader M.E.
5. K. Jagannath Reader M.Sc. (Engg)
6. A. Satyanarayana Swamy Reader M.E., MISTE
7. J.D. Daniel Reader M.Sc. (Engg)
8. A.S. Ravindran Reader M.Sc. (Engg)
9. Annaiah M.H Reader M.E., M.B.A.
10. J. Bhakta Kumar Dhas Reader M.E.
11. M.D. Krishnamuthy Reader M.Tech
12. H.N. Jagadeesh Reader M.E., MISTE
13. H.B. Niranjan Reader M.E.
14. S.R. Shankpal Reader M. Tech.
15. S.K. Pundareeka Senior Lecturer M.E.
16. A.T. Venkatesh Senior Lecturer M.E.
17. B.S. Reddappa Senior Lecturer M.E., L.L.B.
18. Raji George Senior Lecturer M.E.
19. S. Krishna Senior Lecturer M.E., MISTE
20. P.L. Srinivasa Murthy Senior Lecturer M.E., MISTE
21. K.L. Vishnu Kumar Lecturer M. Tech, MISTE
22. Dinesh. P Lecturer M.E., MISTE
23. N.D. Prasanna Lecturer M.E., MISTE (Ph.D)
24. K.R. Phaneesh Lecturer M.E.
25. C.N. Chandrappa Lecturer M.E.
26. P.N. Girish Babu Lecturer M.E.
27. N.S. Mahesh Lecturer M.E., MISTE, MIIM, MISNT
28. G.S. Srinivasa Bhat Lecturer M.S. (U.S.A)
29. S.V. Prakash Lecturer M.E.
30. T.V. Keshva Murthy Lecturer M.E., MISTE
31. M. Lokesh Lecturer M. Tech, MISTE
32. C.M. Ramesh Lecturer M. Tech.
33. Veranna B. Nassi Lecturer M.E., MISTE
34. Puttabore Gowda Lecturer M. Tech., MISTE
35. T. Chandrasekhar Lecturer M.E.
Back to main page