This department was started in 1984 in view of the demand for highly skilled professionals
required for the rapidly expanding IT industry. The department possesses one of the largest
computer centers in Bangalore University wherein 130 students can work simultaneously.
Developmental plans are on the way to double this capacity. A campus wide LAN is also
- Monthly lecture series by experts from industries/academic institutions.
- Intercollegiate competitions which include programming contest, debugging contests computer quiz, etc.
- Final year students carrying out projects at IISc, Siemens Ltd. Wipro, BFL, TCS, Heuristics, ADA, HAL., etc.,
- Seminar hall with latest audio/video equipments.
- Periodical work-shops & short term courses in computer related fields for both staff and students.
- Projects in RDBMS laboratory using ORACLE, Developer 2000 etc.,
- Largest number of terminals among the engineering colleges under Bangalore University on both UNIX & DOS platforms.
- Line printers, DMP's, laser printers, Digitizer & plotters etc
- Pentium running SCO UNIX linked to Ethernet LAN
- LAN running Novell Netware 3.1 with 90 nodes most of which are 486 based PCs.
- Microprocessor Laboratory equipped with microprocessor kits and various interface modules like Stepper Motor, ADC, DAC, logic controller etc.
- Logic design laboratory equipped with digital trainers, CRO's etc.
Core subjects studied
- ORACLE 7.1 with Developer 2000, Power Builder, etc.,
- MS Visual C++
- MS Visual Basic
- MS Windows, SDK
- Borland C++, SDK
- C, FORTRAN, COBOL compilers, MASM and other assemblers and cross-assemblers
- Wordstar and other DTP Software
- Digital Electronic Circuits
- Analog Electronic Circuits
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Programming with PASCAL
- Logic Design
- Computer Organisation
- Logic Design Laboratory
- Micro Processor Laboratory
- Discrete Structure
- Communication Systems
- Data Structures in C
- Finite Automata & Formal Languages
- Computer Architecture
- Advanced Microprocessors and PC Hardware
- Personal Computer Laboratory
- Data Structures Laboratory-I (using C)
- Object Oriented Programming in C++
- System Software
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Operations Research
- Computer Hardware
- Software Engineering
- System Programming Laboratory
- Data Structures Laboratory-II (using C)
- Operating Systems
- Database Management System
- Computer Network
- Artificial Intelligence & Expert Systems
- Project work (Preliminary)
- DBMS Laboratory
- Computer Graphics Laboratory
- Compiler Design
- CAD for VLSI
- Programming Languages
- Parallel Processing
- Fault Tolerant Computing
- Project Work
1. Dr.K.S.Ramanath Professor & Head Ph.D
2. Dr.K.V.Viswanath Professor Ph.D.
3. Dr.K.V.K.K.Prasad Professor Ph.D.
4. S.M.Narayana Reader M.Tech.
5. G.Krishnaprasad Reader M.Tech
6. Anita Kanavalli Reader M.Tech.
7. V.Shantaram Reader M.Phil.
8. A.Kavidha Lecturer M.E.
9. S.Seema Lecturer M.E.
10. M.E.Satishkumar Lecturer M.E.
11. Vanithadevi Som Lecturer M.S.
12. M.Aswathnarayan Lecturer M.Sc.
Back to main page