The department of Civil Engineering was started in the year 1971. Since then it has grown
into one of the largest departments at M. S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology. The
department floats ME course in Structural Engineering.
The MSRIT Civil institution industry cell is actively engaged in a number of consultancy
works. The department has R&D centre for Doctoral studies, approved by the Bangalore
- The only private college in Bangalore University to posses a Ph.D. Research Centre.
- Consultancy services offered from the department.
- For proof checking of designs and quality control for Housing Project & Stadium of National games 1997.
- Assessment of structural damage and rehabilitation of both private and government buildings.
- Soil testing for private and government building.
- Material testing for cements, bricks, tiles, hollow blocks and aggregates.
- Traffic surveys for various projects in Bangalore.
- Test facilities for environmental impact assessment.
- The concrete testing facility
- Dedicated Computer Centre with state of the art software.
- Full fledged seminar hall.
- Workshops & short term courses for faculty members.
- ROYAL - MSRIT SOCIETY OF CIVIL ENGINEERS engaged in curricular & co-curricular activities.
Core subjects studied
- Well equipped laboratories for:
- Environmental engineering
- Highway engineering
- Hydraulic engineering
- Structural engineering
- Concrete Technology
- Soil mechanics
- Servo controlled U.T.M of 60 ton capacity imported from U.K. and loading frame of 100 capacity for testing.
- Pre stressing jacks.
- Non - destructive testing equipment to measure the in situ strength of hardened concrete.
In Addition to the above core subjects, students are trained in laboratories, electives and project works.
- Fluid Mechanics
- Building Materials & Construction
- Surveying Theory
- Architecture and Town Planning
- Engineering Geology
- Theory of Structure
- Hydraulic Machines
- Concrete and Construction Technology
- Environmental Engineering
- R.C.C. Structures
- Engineering Management Science
- Transportation Engineering
- P.S.C. Structures
- Steel Structures
- Hydrology and Water Resource Engg.
- Earth & Earth Retaining Structures
- Numerical and Computer Methods in Civil Engineering
- Irrigation Engineering
- Foundation Engineering
- Hydraulic Structures
- Bridges Engineering
- Estimation Specification and Engineering Economics
1. Dr. A. Krishna Sarma Principal & HOD M.E., Ph.D., MIE, MISTE
2. N. Krishna Raju Professor M. Sc., Ph.D.
3. D.R. Guru Raja Reader M.E., MIE, MISEQT
4. M.N. Sree Hari Reader M.E. MIE, MIRC, MISTE, MIRT
5. Dr. N. Bala Subramanya Reader M.E., Ph.D., MIE, MIRC, MISTE
6. Dr. B.V. Venkata Subramanya Reader M.E., Ph.D., MIE, MIRC, MISTE
7. Suguna U. Kumar Reader ME., MIGS, MISTE
8. Dr. K.U. Muthu Reader M.E., Ph.D., MIE, MISTE
9. Dr. Manamohan R. Kalgal Reader M.E., Ph.D., MIE, MICI, MACCE
10. T. Valsa Ipe Reader M.Sc. (Engg.) MISTE
11. D. Venkatarangan Senior Lecturer M.E., MIE
12. M. Prema Swarup Reddy Senior Lecturer M.E., MIE, MIRC, MISTE
13. C.G. Puttappa Senior Lecturer M.E., MIE, MIRC,MISTE
14. R. Prabhakar Senior Lecturer M.Tech.
15. Dr. Kirti Malhotra Senior Lecturer M.Sc., Ph.D.
16. R.N. Pranesh Senior Lecturer M.E., MISTE
17. K.P. Nagaraja Senior Lecturer M.E., MIE, MISTE
18. B.S. Nagendra Senior Lecturer M.Tech.
19. Srikanth M. Naik Senior Lecturer M.E., LLB, MIRC
20. H. Narendra Senior Lecturer M. Tech.
21. B.G. Jagadeesha Kumar Senior Lecturer M.E.
22. E.T. Arasu Senior Lecturer M.E.
23. K.V. Manjunath Senior Lecturer M.Tech, MIE, MISTE
24. H.V. Subban Senior Lecturer M. Tech, MIE, MISTE
25. B.V. Venkataramana Reddy Lecturer M.Sc. (Geology)
26. Y.A. Narayana Swamy Lecturer M.E.
27. H.R. Mnanjunath Lecturer M.E.
28. B. Umadevi Lecturer M.E., D.C., MISTE, AMIE
29. S. Suvarna Lecturer M.E.,
30. C. Usha Lecturer M.E.