A ten semester course in Architecture leading to B. Arch degree of Bangalore University
was started in the year 1992. The department has been provided with an independent block
consisting of lecture halls, drawing studios, seminar hall, staff rooms, student rooms etc.,
in conformity with the AICTE and Council of Architecture requirements. The total strength
for the five-year program is 200 students.
- Periodical visits, tours and field trips for students.
- Guest lectures by visiting professional Architects and academicians.
- Architectural design of Kaivara temple complex undertaken by staff & student.
- Short term courses for building industry professional and proposed consultancy cell.
Core subjects studied
- Computer Aided Architectural design
- Building Science lab
- Materials Museum
- Photography and arts studio
- Well equipped seminar hall
- 3D Studio, Building Sc., Lab, Materials Museum, Photographs Lab
- Architectural Design
- History of Architecture
- Architectural Graphics
- Freehand Design & Presentation
- Theory of Architecture
- Services (Water Supply & Sanitation)
- Service (Electricity & Illumination)
- Surveying and Levelling
- Estimation and Quantity Surveying
- Sociology and Building Economics
- Specification and Costing
- Landscape Architecture
- Working Drawing
- Professional Practice
- Computer and Applications
- Interior Design
- Construction Management
- Study Tour
- Practical Training (16 weeks)
1. Dr.N. Harimurthy Professor & HOD M.E., Ph.D.
2. K.S. Mukunda Professor M.C.P.
3. B.S. Jagadish Chandra Reader M.Arch.
4. Vishwa Hittalmani Reader M.Dsgn.
5. Anuradha. N Lecturer M.U.R.P.
6. B.K. Satish Lecturer M.U.R.P.
7. Rashmi Niranjan Art Teacher Master of Fine Arts.
Back to main page